“At a beautiful location by the rapids of Pajakkakoski stands the vicarage, Ikola Manor, one of the oldest buildings in Kuhmo. Built by the Kuhmo parish, the vicarage was completed in 1811 and underwent expansions and renovations in the late 1890s. Elias Lönnrot worked on finalizing the Kalevala in the vicarage during the autumn of 1834. In the summer of 2015, Ikola Manor ceased to be used as the official residence.
Throughout time, the vicarage has undergone renovations, with the latest ones occurring in 2021-22, transforming the premises into a Community House. Some spaces are available for rent, suitable for events and celebrations.
Ikola Cafe open during the Kuhmo Chamber Music Festival from July 14th to July 27th, 2024, from 11 AM to 5 PM.
During the upcoming chamber music summer, the vicarage will also serve soup lunches from 11 AM to 2 PM. (Every day, enjoy creamy salmon soup made from local ingredients and fresh bread.).
Ikola Cafe, phone number: +358 408231516